Los Angeles, CA:Starting on February 6th, 2015, and continuing until the evening of The Oscars on February 22nd, 2015, The Los Angeles Concierge Association is actively running a social media campaign in collaboration with Fox Searchlight Pictures in honor of the Oscar-nominated film, The Grand Budapest Hotel. A Wes Anderson film, this movie takes viewers on an adventurous ride into the world of the legendary concierge Gustave H at the fictitiously famed hotel in the Republic of Zubrowka. An extravagant depiction of what it was like to be a hotel concierge in the 1930s, The Grand Budapest Hotel highlights the interconnected relationship of those within the Society of the Crossed Keys.
Calling All Les Clefs d’Or Concierge on Social Media
In an effort show how connected the Les Clefs d’Or Community really is, we are asking for all members to participate in this exciting campaign. Together we can promote our respective hotels, local concierge associations, and of course, Les Clefs d’Or, while aligning with The Grand Budapest Hotel! Our inspiration is the soon-to-be classic scene within the film where Gustave H calls upon the Crossed Keys society for help—where a call to one desk leads to a call to another desk which leads to a call to yet another desk.
How to Participate
- Take a picture or selfie at your desk while wearing your Les Clefs d’Or keys.
- Be sure to include your Concierge Sign within the photo.
- Pose along or with a colleague, or better yet re-create a scene from the movie, like the famous phone call scene!
- Hashtag the film by using both #TheGrandBudapestHotel and #CrossedKeys.
- Post on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram via your personal, local association, or your hotel’s account!
Sample Posts and Pictures
- I’m formally calling on the special services of the society of the #CrossedKeys! #TheGrandBudapestHotel
- From our desk to yours, we are the #CrossedKeys! #TheGrandBudapestHotel #LesClefsdOr